Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
Dietary Assistant Supervisor -2nd shift
At Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care. We value kind and compassionate care and respect our residents and staff like family.
The primary purpose of the Dietary Supervisor is to assist the Dietitian in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Dietary Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, to assure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Competitive salary starting at $18.00 an hour
Perfect Attendance Bonus $0.50 for every hour worked
Medical, Dental & Vision plans
6 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
Positive work environment
Regular staff appreciation and recognition
Discounted meals available for specific shift
· Coordinates dietary services and activities with other related departments (i.e., Nursing, Housekeeping, Social Services, etc.)
· Assists the dietary staff in the development and use of departmental policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, etc.
· Assist in the developing a written dietary plan of care (preliminary and comprehensive) that identifies the dietary problem/needs of the resident, evaluated quarterly
· Ensure that all dietary personnel are aware of the care plan and that care plans are used in planning daily dietary services for 170 plus residents
· Ensure that the care plan identifies any special equipment and utensils the resident may need (e.g., plate guard, enlarged silverware handles, etc.)
· Must be competent in the use of kitchen equipment as well as their maintenance and sanitation
· Inspects food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc., for upkeep and supply control
· Processes diet changes and new diets as received from nursing services
· Participates in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies
· Ensures that charted dietary progress notes are informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the resident’s response to the service
· Ensures that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures
· Assists in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by the attending physician
· Makes daily rounds to assure that dietary personnel are performing required duties and to assure that appropriate dietary procedures are being rendered to meet the needs of the facility
· Trains, evaluates, counsels, and disciplines dietary personnel
· Reviews and assists in developing a plan of correction for dietary service deficiencies noted during survey inspections
· Determines departmental staffing requirements necessary to meet the Dietary Department’s needs
· Schedules department work hours (including vacation and holiday schedules), personnel, work assignments, etc.
· High school diploma or equivalent GED
· One year of cooking experience preferred
· SafeServ certification preferred but not required
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Experience serving high volume number of residents 170 plus
Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States