Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
ICF ID Program Supervisor
$500 sign-on bonus available!
At Pillar of Cedar Valley, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care.
We are looking for a unique, passionate, and creative Program Specialist who understands that individuals living with developmental disabilities deserve to live active, vibrant lives. If your goal in life is to help others while building strong connections, then keep on reading.
- 2nd shift: 2 pm - 10 pm
As the Program Supervisor any typical day will include:
- Monitoring program activities to ensure that clients' active treatment schedules are being implemented as written
- Checking documentation of client programs and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Participating in the development of each client's active treatment schedule
- Monitoring the implementation of specific client’s program on a regular basis and providing supervisor or management with the results of these audits
- Introducing new programs, activities, equipment, and materials to staff
- Escorting clients to doctor appointments as well as accompanying clients in the community during various outings
- Adjusting client and staff schedules as concerns arise
- Providing supervision over non-supervisory ICF/ID employees
- Providing supervision in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
- Participating in interviewing, hiring and training employees; addressing complaints and resolving concerns
- Providing instruction to staff when needed, including assisting Developmental Aides with group assignments, training, schedules and Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) such as toileting and feeding residents
- Initiating disciplinary action when necessary
- Implementing non-violent crisis intervention techniques, as well as various types of safety techniques as appropriate, when a resident’s behavior dictates
- Always ensures resident safety
- Other duties assigned
- Supervision is received from the Support Service Specialist, ICF/ID Program Manager, or other designated staff
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one to two years' experience working with intellectually disabled residents, and/or residents with severe aggressive behavior issues; Or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to oversee that the Immediate Care Facility/Intellectually Disabled (ICF/ID) regulations are being followed as instructed through the Individual Program Plans that are written for each resident
- Requires excellent math, verbal and written communication skills and a professional work demeanor
This is a Full-time position with very competitive salary and benefits. Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States