Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
At Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care. The Dietary Aide is responsible for providing superior customer service to residents and employees. The Dietary Aide will help to assure that the dietary department is maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner by providing assistance in all dietary functions as directed and in accordance with established dietary policies and procedures. The Dietary Aide will assist in the preparation of food to assure the quality of nutritional services provided. This is the job for you, if…You love working in the kitchen and know how important a great meal experience is for our guests.
- Service and great patient experience is your top priority
- You’re both personal and empathetic and are able to support the needs of our residents
As the Dietary Aide, you’ll…
- Assist in the preparation of meals and beverages
- Participate in the food tray line and prepare trays according to diet cards in an efficient manner to meet scheduled meal and snack times
- Assist with loading food carts and serving meals to guests, and staff
- Bag and store food items as directed
- Bus and clean tables after meal time throughout the facility
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers in accordance with established sanitation procedures and guidelines
- Assure that work area is clean and free of hazardous conditions such as spills, excess carts, etc.
- Assure that equipment, tools and supplies are properly stored at all times
- Report all equipment malfunctions and breakdowns to the supervisor and keep the supervisor informed of supply needs
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with guests, visitors, families, peers and supervisors
- Other tasks as needed and required
- Look for and share with leadership ideas for improvement in the organization
What we’re looking for…
- One-year experience as a Dietary Aide
- Food Sanitation Certification
In case you were wondering…If you’re looking for a company where you will be challenged, respected, and valued, then this is an opportunity for you. If you are passionate about excellent patient care and are willing to maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of guests and interact with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment, then this is the Dietary Aide position that you are looking for! Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States