Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
The Ambassador of Fun
At Pillar of Cedar Valley, we love what we do and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care.
What You Get When You Work with Us:
- You will be supported in your work by a team that values one another and ensures your voice is heard
- We know our staff is the heartbeat of the community and we offer very competitive salaries and benefits, as well as regular recognition and appreciation
The Activities Aide is responsible for providing all of the fun and excitement to residents and employees. As the Activities Aide you will help to assure that our Activities are fun, fresh, engaging, and well attended, as directed and in accordance with established Activities policies and procedures. You will lead therapeutic programming while striving to enhance our Residents’ quality of life.
This is the job for you, if…
- You have a magically personality and connect well with others
- You are creative, curious and recognized as the life of the party
- You love working as a team, leading groups, and care deeply for seniors
- Service and great guest experience is your top priority
- You know your way around the computer and can plan and execute projects and Resident Charting
As the Activities Assistant you’ll…
- Create and lead fun and functional programs in coordination with the Director of Activities
- Assist in resident outings, which can include but not limited to shopping centers, movies, restaurants, community events, etc. that may also entail driving residents to and from the resident outing.
- Lead scheduled Activities and occasionally make changes to scheduled plans when necessary with approval from the Activities Director
- Become knowledgeable of each individual resident’s background, cultural, life history, disease and medical care needs in detail to ensure an appropriate person-centered activity plan
- Per direction of the Activity Director, conduct, oversee, and complete initial and all on-going assessments, including but not limited to social, medical, cognitive, communication abilities, spiritual needs, physical, neuro-psychological, behavioral, amongst others as it relates to individual activity/leisure
- Other duties as directed or needed
What we’re looking for…
- Someone with experience leading group activities
- Someone experienced in Skilled Nursing/Senior Living environment
- Someone who is empathetic and can work with residents who may be ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally challenged, or difficult
- Someone who is punctual and has great follow through
- Someone with a valid driver’s license is ideal, but not required
In case you were wondering…If you’re looking for a company where you will be challenged, respected, and valued, then this is an opportunity for you. If you are passionate about excellent resident service and are willing to maintain the comfort, privacy and dignity of residents and interact with them in a manner that displays warmth, respect and promotes a caring environment, then this is the Activities Aide position that you are looking for!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time, days and occassional weekends/rotations
in Waterloo, United States