Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
Activity Aide - 1st Shift $14.50/hour
At Pillar of Cedar Valley, we love what we do and have fun while we're doing it. Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care.
The Activities Aide is responsible for providing all of the fun and excitement to residents and employees. As the Activities Aide you will help to assure that our activities are fun, fresh, engaging, and well attended. You will lead therapeutic programming while striving to enhance our Residents’ quality of life.
Shifts: 1st shift Full time (8:30am-4:30pm) with weekend rotation
- Competitive salary earn up to $14.50 an hour
- Perfect Attendance Bonus
- Medical, Dental & Vision plans
- Retirement 401K Savings Plan
- Generous Vacation Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Internal growth opportunities
- Positive work environment
- Regular staff appreciation and recognition
- Create and lead fun and functional programs in coordination with the Director of Activities
- Assist in resident outings, which can include but not limited to shopping centers, movies, restaurants, community events, etc. that may also entail driving residents to and from the resident outing.
- Lead scheduled Activities and occasionally make changes to scheduled plans when necessary, with approval from the Activities Director
- Become knowledgeable of each individual resident’s background, cultural, life history, disease and medical care needs in detail to ensure an appropriate person-centered activity plan
- Per direction of the Activity Director, conduct, oversee, and complete initial and all on-going assessments, including but not limited to social, medical, cognitive, communication abilities, spiritual needs, physical, neuro-psychological, behavioral, amongst others as it relates to individual activity/leisure
- Service and great guest experience is your top priority
- Have computer knowledge
- Other duties as directed or needed
- Experience leading group activities in a Skilled Nursing/Senior Living
- Is empathetic and can work with residents who may be ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally challenged, or difficult
- Have a valid driver’s license preferred, but not required
Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment, free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States