Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON)
Inspirational Leadership. Clinical Knowledge. Practical Skills. Sense of Purpose.
If that sounds like you, and you are ready to take your career to the next level: keep reading.
Our community at PILLAR of CEDAR VALLEY is growing and we have a new position open for an ADON.
While you don’t need to be able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, if you are creative, curious, inspired, and resourceful, you may have what it takes to help lead our team.
We love taking chances, but before we get ahead of ourselves please make sure you have:
- An iowa Registered Nurse License
- Demonstrated leadership
- Knowledge of Iowa Regs and the survey process
- A sense of humor
Please read the fine print below which is just the blah-blah technical side for full disclosure, because we don’t want you to have any surprises. Then click the APPLY NOW button to begin your path to career growth, impact, and satisfaction.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, staffing, directing, coordinating, reporting, budgeting, inventory control, and management of nursing staff, supplies, and equipment in such a way that meaningful nursing service is established to render the optimum level of resident care. The ADON reports in all matters directly to the Director of Nursing.
Must have the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc. of the Nursing Department.
- Support the facility's philosophy of care and strive to achieve its goals and objectives
- Assist in developing and maintaining nursing service objectives, standards of nursing practice, and the nursing policies and procedures manual with the assistance of the Director of Nursing to achieve the greatest degree of care for each resident
- Participate in the development and implementation of resident care policies
- Provide opportunities and materials for regular staff meetings and in-service education pertaining to the nursing department
- Ensure that nursing personnel provide treatments, medication, diets, rehabilitative nursing care, activities of daily living, protective services, and training in self-care as stated in the care plan to ascertain that optimum comfort and care are provided
- Address resident and family problems and concerns as needed and schedule conferences with the resident and family in order to resolve issues pertaining to nursing services
- Assist in completing audits of sample EMR charting monthly to ascertain proper nursing charting and documentation of care given and directly confer with those employees who are not properly documenting, or delegates this responsibility
- Perform other related duties as directed by the Director of Nursing
Click the Apply Now button and be prepared for a whole new way to nurse! We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran. Keywords: ADON, nursing, new grad, patient care, vitals, assessments, organized, time management, problem-solving skills, self-motivated, charting, compliance, Skilled Nursing, LTC.
in Waterloo, United States