Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
Activities Director - Full time
At Pillar of Cedar Valley, we love what we do and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care.
The Activities Director is responsible for providing all of the fun and excitement to residents and employees. As the Activities Director you will help to assure that our Activities are fun, fresh, engaging, and well attended, as directed and in accordance with established Activities policies and procedures. You will lead therapeutic programming while striving to enhance our Residents’ quality of life.
Medical, Dental & Vision plans
Generous Vacation plan
Paid Time Off
Internal Growth Opportunities
Positive work environment
Regular staff appreciation and recognition
- Promote the residents' well-being and satisfaction by supporting Pillar of Cedar Valley in all areas of the residents' life
- Develop and interpret standards of care, guide the interdisciplinary team to establish and implement the resident’s plan of care with the resident and his/her family and the Pillar team
- Help to improve systems and eliminate barriers to resident centered care and services
- Regulate content of program in accordance with residents’ capabilities, needs and interests
- Provide one-on-one activities for residents who are unable or prefer not to be involved in group activities
- Collaborate with residents, families, other professionals and staff to implement established programs that meet the psychosocial and activities needs of residents, including creating diverse opportunities for meaningful pursuits, daily pleasures, life enrichment, exercise, friendships, social interaction, growth and learning, fun and enjoyment, personal routines, and spontaneous activity
- Assist residents with activities of their choice, group, individual, or one-on-one. Provide for resident leisure life activities. Take residents outdoors, or out in the facility community
- Plan, implement and participate in outings and special events
- Chart and participate in care plan and meetings as needed and required
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy or a specialty area such as art, dance, music or physical education.
- Experience leading group activities
- Experienced in Skilled Nursing/Senior Living environment
- Someone who is empathetic and can work with residents who may be ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally challenged, or difficult
Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment, free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States