Join Our Team
Below is a link of available positions at our facility
1st, 2nd, 3rd, weekend package options available! New starting wage beginning at $13.50!
At Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation, we love what we do, and have fun while we're doing it! Working with our residents is an adventure. They've led amazing lives and have the stories to prove it. Here, you'll join a community of incredible residents and a company dedicated to providing the highest quality of service and care. We are seeking a DEVELOPMENTAL AIDE to care for our residents with Developmental Disabilities in our Home, helping our residents lead more independent, active lives. This position is ideal for you if you love helping others while building strong connections with the people you serve.
In This Role You Will: Have responsibility for:
- Supervising and training residents in activities of daily living: eating, dressing, toileting, bathing, and grooming
- Implementing behavior modification programs under the supervision of professional staff
- Assuring resident safety at all times
- Applying comfort and safety devices such as prescribed braces, side rails, leg rests, and other supports
- Performing routine cleaning on the unit, including making beds, cleaning wheelchairs, and other adaptive and programming equipment
- Reporting all illnesses, injuries, seizures, and incidents to the medical/nursing staff and complete required documentation
- Other duties as assigned
We provide initial and ongoing training for our DEVELOPMENTAL AIDES, and our aides are supervised by the ICF/DD Program Directors.
Qualifications/Education and Experience
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous experience providing personal care or services to individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred but not required
- CNA preferred but not required
- A big heart and a true desire to help improve the quality of life and have a meaningful impact on the individuals you serve
This is a Full-time position with very competitive salary and benefits. Pillar of Cedar Valley Nursing and Rehabilitation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for all employment; free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preferences, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
in Waterloo, United States